September 13, 2012

Interview with our energic and funny Pappu - Sivakumar Karuppusamy

Sivakumar Karuppusamy is a student and an entrepreneur who's been living in Finland for past 7 years. He loves backpacking, exploring different cultures and countries. His passions are street art and theater. Apart from acting the role of Pappu ín our play, Siva has worked together with Reetta Flink and Ilona Kolachana for BollywoodFrost Entertaiment.

- You are the founder or one of the founders of BollywoodFrost. How and what of Indian culture are you bringing to Finland?

- BollywoodFrost is more of my dream project since it brings here the culture in which I have grown up. With BollywoodFrost, I started being a DJ and playing music around an Indian theme. India has more than 78 languages and there is so much sensational and beautiful music out there... Also I am planning to do more fusion music, for instance African mixed with Indian or Latin mixed with Indian. The world is mixing, so why not the music! I have already performed in two music events, but there still is a long way to go and I feel that I am improving all the time. I am also interested to screen Indian movies in Finland and organize some adventure tourism in India (something like visiting beautiful Indian village and explore the real culture rather staying in tourist spots). Check out The BollywoodFrost website and like us on facebook!


- You will play the part of Pappu, the best friend of the main character Amit, in "Ek Kahani". Have you acted earlier in your life? Are you nervous about the approaching show? 

- I acted in school and during college days for fun. I have never been afraid of being in the spotlight! 

- People say you have a great, loud voice - how come? Have you taken singing lessons earlier? 

- My school teacher told me quite often to shut my mouth... I never listened to her... maybe that helps now! 

- What are your thoughts on "Ek Kahani"? What do you think it means to people who are onstage, to people who are in the audience? 


- I don't think much. I simply want to feel the character and do my role. I really enjoy doing it. 

- Tell us more about yourself!


- I am a serial entrepreneur full of ideas and I am a master student at the Aalto university. I love the feeling of transforming ideas into reality which also could help someone. I love travelling, mostly in a hippie way, and of course usual Indian stuff; yoga and mediation along with drinking and partying. Even though I feel sometimes I do not fit in the Finnish culture, deep inside me I have great love for Finland. On the other hand I feel sometimes reverse culture shock from India. I don't know to where I belong to... maybe to the world!

Interviewer: Laura Kunnas

No comments:

Post a Comment