September 4, 2012

Interview with Sudhindra B.S. - our dazzling hero


Sudhindra B.S. hails from the pub city Bangalore. After acting in many productions and on various occasions in India, we are honored to have him play the male lead of "Ek Kahani".

- If I understood right, you have acted quite a lot before. Please tell us more about your career? 

- I was quite active in my acting career during and a little after my graduation. I acted in the Rangantharanga theater club, and performed as major characters in more than 10 theater shows. I had won several awards for acting shows but closest to my heart is the National Award I won in the 1993 Anveshan Fest for Mono Acting. I also had an opportunity to direct a few plays in the inter-university competitions. I have compered shows, and also was narrating a live commentary in Chandana, Prasarabharthi National TV channels in India in the recent past. I have to admit though that I am not as active in acting as I was then because of other priorities in life… But anytime there is an opportunity, I won't let it go.

- What do you most enjoy about acting? 

Acting itself is my passion and so there is nothing specific in it that I enjoy the most. I enjoy every kind of role I am in to, and try my best to do justice to it.

- How does it feel like to act now, in Helsinki, in this beautiful production? 
 
- I was introduced to "Ek Kahani" by my wife. She convinced me to take part in it, and once we began the script writing, rehearsals, planning etc. I really started to enjoy it. It feels great to be a part of it. As I mentioned, it is always a pleasure to perform and I am very thankful to my wife for getting me in to it.

- You play the character of Amit, a young Indian man who comes to Finland for work and encounters many cultural shocks. Can you relate to the feelings the foreigners go through in the play?

- I am here with my family since 2008, then there was gap of about a year and we came back in 2010. And because I was here before for short visits for business meetings, I learned quite a few things about the place and it was easier to bring my family along. Touch wood - this country has been very welcoming to us, people have been sweet and no drunkard has bumped in so far in an embarrassing or scary way (unlike in Ek Kahani's railway station scene!)

- My must-ask question to all non-Finns: do you like snow? :) 
 
- I do like snow but definitely not as much as my wife and Gubbi (my elder daughter) likes it
 
- What do you miss most about your home country India? 

- I miss my mom the most and of course our home.

- What else do you do in life; what are your favorite things, your hobbies, and your dreams? 

- I like to sing, act, and I am trying my hands on dancing too, to accompany my wife :) I have a dream to set up my own recording studio! Someday, maybe… And I want to learn Finnish. But truly my biggest dream is to see my kids prosper and be successful in life.

- Anything else you'd like to say?

- What is to happen, that is to happen...! (laugh)

Interviewer: Laura Kunnas

1 comment: